Preparation, Make 12 servings
- 8 slices PureBred Gluten Free White Loaf, crusts cut off
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour
- ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter or dairy free spread
- 175g mixed dried fruit
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp milk or dairy free milk
- 350g gluten free shortcrust pastry
- sugar for sprinkling
STEP 1.Soak the bread in a little water for an hour, then squeeze the moisture out.
STEP 2.Combine with the flour, baking powder, mixed spice, sugar, butter, dried fruit, egg and milk, mix well.
STEP 3.Roll out half the pastry and line the bottom of a 22cm square tin with it .
STEP 4.Spread the filling on top, press down until level and gets to all the corners.
STEP 5.Roll out the second half of the pastry and use to cover the filling.
STEP 6.Bake at 190C for 60 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
STEP 7.Sprinkle the top with a little sugar, allow to cool in the tin.
STEP 8.Cut into 24 squares.